I'm back tonight with a longer post and to share the third day of new releases from PaperArtsy. Tonight is the turn of Emma Godfrey and there are two fabulous new stamp sets to show you.
First up is the Halloween set EEG11 and below are 2 samples that I've made with this set.
Emma mentioned home decor when the details of the new stamps were shared and that got me thinking as to what I would like around the house at Halloween and I ended up with the idea of a rag wreath ! So, I cut and tore strips of cotton fabric then added Tinned Peas to a spray bottle that already had water in it. I plaited the cotton and secure the ends by stitching it then spritzed the wreath with the watered down Tinned Peas. I put it aside to dry and then painted some Smoothy card with Pumpkin Soup and Purple Rain Fresco Finish paints. There are so many words on this stamp set that it was easy to pick the words that would work on the wreath. The little skull is stamped onto Smoothy card painted with Pumpin Soup and cut out.
The bow is also made from cotton fabric and sprayed with watered down Purple Rain. The word Halloween has been stamped onto Pumpkin Soup painted card and Purple Rain painted card then stuck back to back with a piece of cotton sandwiched between the two and sewed to the top of the wreath. To finish I stamped the little spider and cut him out glueing him to the front of the bow.
Houses always seem to come to mind when I'm thinking of Halloween projects so a little 'Spooky Street' was the idea here. I cut the houses from mountboard using the Tim Holtz die and for the two end houses cut three so that they would have more dimension when glued together. I added Grunge Paste to some of the houses before painting them and then rubbed some Classic Treasure Gold over the texture.
The windows are hand drawn onto some Smoothy car painted with Pumpkin Soup. The spider was stamped in position then I drew in the thread that it's dangling from. The background is Purple Rain and Pumpkin Soup blended togther then I've stamped the cobweb over the top using Concrete Fresco Finish.
The Christmas samples are made with EEG12, again there are lots of words included which are great to use on backgrounds. I painted a large tag with Concrete Fresco Finish then used Lake Wanaka Fresco Finish to stencil over it. I added some stamping using Snowflake and also Cornflower Blue Archival ink.
The two tags are stamped onto Smoothy card painted with Lake Wanaka then I've stamped randomly with words from the stamp set using Archival inks. The large snowflakes have been cut out and then I've used a Sharpie pen to add the white dots. The main sentiment is stuck onto mount board to add extra dimension.
The last sample is a card and I started by using the star stencil with Grunge Paste. Once it was dry I blended Sage and Spanish Mulberry Fresco Finish paints over it and once dry I sanded the stars a little. The snowflakes have been stamped with Sage and Spanish Mulberry and I've used a Sharpie pen again to add the little dots.
The tag is tamped onto Smoothy card painted with Spanish Mulberry then stamped with the little dots using Concrete Fresco Finish. This is layered onto a panel that has been covered with book paper then stamped with the dots and snowflake using Spanish Mulberry. I've used Concrete for the base colour for the star and sentiment. The sentiment is stuck to some mount board to create a tile and the star is die cut using the Tim Holtz die.
There are lots more samples to see so make sure you hop over to the PaperArtsy blog !